Thursday 23 April 2009

More FIGHT! signees

News coming out of FIGHT! Towers have confirmed several new signings to bolster the fledgling promotion's ranks. Jake Morgan certainly has his chequebook out to try and ensure that the FIGHT! roster is the best in the business.

Making his MMA debut with FIGHT! MMA, Rahm Petersen has an extensive Brazilian Jiu-jitsu background. Head BJJ instructor for the up and coming Milwaukee Top Team, Petersen has competed in the upper echelon of submission grappling for several years. No longer content training only one discipline, he’s looking to dive headfirst into Mixed Martial Arts, and hoping for big results.

“My Brazilian Jiu-jitsu credentials speak for themselves. I was awarded my black belt under Renaldo Gracie. I’ve been to the second round of the ADCC 77kg Division. I’ve competed at the Mundails in the 70kg Devision."

"I don’t care about being punched in the face. People romanticize the more brutal martial arts as producing the tougher fighters, but I will prove that Brazilian Jui-Jitsu is tougher than most other forms. I am confident in my toughness, in my heart, and especially in my submission abilities, and I will show them all in FIGHT! MMA.”

Another fighter making the jump to FIGHT! is Welterweight Kyle McIntosh [5-2-1] - also fighting out of Milwaukee Top Team. McIntosh is a well rounded fighter who looks to utlise his Muay Thai background where he can, but the American is also happy putting his significant Ju Jitsu skills to good use on the ground.

"I've got a lesser known profile than a lot of these guys here, so I feel to get the recognition, I need to make an immediate impact. I feel I'm pretty well rounded, but my strength is in my Muay Thai and I'd put it against anybody in FIGHT! The rules in FIGHT! are a little looser than I'm accustomed to, but this should play in my favor. I'm aching to get the biggest name opponents I can get. The bigger the name, the bigger the impact. "

"I know I'm from a smaller camp out of the Midwest, but MTT is going places just like I am. Rahm Peterson will be around also to assure the word is spread. The guy is one of my best sparing partners. He's a black belt in jiu-jitsu, has a long, lanky body and great guard, and his kickboxing is hard, with good technique. He's just starting as a professional though, so I guess he's MTT's secret weapon. I look for him to do big things at 155, like I plan on doing at 170. "

Two new Heavyweights have also been confirmed. Popular American slugger, Michael Cross [16-7-0] is joined by Russian Oleg Maksimov [8-1-0]. Going by the moniker 'The Marksman', Maksimov is a powerful fighter skilled in all aspects of the sport. Anyone stepping into the cage with him will have a hard job staying upright, be it from Maksimovs punishing kicks or his near unstoppable takedowns. Cross is a veteran of the sport, having amassed 23 professional bouts in a ten year career.

The exciting Japanese Middleweight Chizuko Kowashi [6-3-1] makes the move from Japan to FIGHT! The 34 year old wrestler is as tough as they come, and his shot is one of the most feared in the business. Once Kowashi gets someone down, they very rarely make it back to their feet.

Middleweight Jeremy "The Sensation" Brown [4-2-0], a Muay Thai fighter from Tenessee will be looking to put his dangerous clinch to good use when he steps inside the cage. The 27 year old trains with the well respected Phoenix Training Club and is sure to put on an exciting fight whenever called upon.

At 5'4, Del Canada [7-4-0] could easily be overlooked in the Lightweight division, but the Fresno native posesses some of the sickest Ju Jitsu in th world. Once Canada has a hold of something, he'll be looking to tear it clean off in record time. Canada has a chin seemingly made of granite making him a very dangerous proposition for anyone unfortunate enough to step into the cage with him.

William 'The Wookie' Wilson [12-5-0] adds his frenetic pace and energy sapping strength to the Welterweight division.

"I couldn't be happier to be signed up to FIGHT! I've challenged myself with some of the best in the business, but FIGHT! brings a whole new level of competition to the table. I'm looking to get off to a quick start and put myself in pole position for a title shot."
http://fight-online.blogspot.com/
http://fightboard.forummotion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment